Espen Sommer Eide – artist/composer
Happy new year! Some upcoming winter shows:
12. January, Bergen Kjøtt, 20x20x20 collaborative concerts (with Thea Hjelmeland (song), Odd Martin Skålnes (song/gitar), Øystein Skar (synth), Stephan Meidell (gitar), Espen Sommmer Eide (div elektronikk), Øyvind Hegg-Lunde (trommer) Ana Jorge (visuell kunst), Guro Rimeslåtten og Ole Martin Meland (dans)).
17. January (Kvien & Sommer live), Arts birthday, Norrlandsoperan Umeå, Sweden
26. February (musical performance), Sonic Acts (opening at Stedelijk) Amsterdam.
28. February (presentation of Material Vision – Silent Reading), Sonic Acts conference.
Came across this quote that seems to explain it all:
"I’m thinking about the piece Espen Sommer Eide played in the school in Nikel on Saturday evening. He basically took what I guess was a first inversion of a harmonic minor triad – the kind of chord you play before the tragic resolution of a sad symphony about your deafness, or whatever – and he made it ooze, sort of atonally, a little bit around the edges, and made it bleed a little bit. Then he took the oozing-bleeding and bent it and moved it around and started playing with it. It was as if he took some kind of hard clay and warmed it up and bent it, transmuting it until it became something much more sensual, something that set the stage for what happened next..."
– Timothy Morton, interviewed after the Dark Ecology journey.